GHS Customer Information
CHEMET Information Update
Staudt, November 2009
G H S ( Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals )
Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures
this letter is to inform you about the new regulation on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures. The immediate intention of the GHS-regulation is an internationally-harmonized approach of existing classification and labelling systems. With its implementation any prior directives 67/548/EEC ( Dangerous Substances Directive ) and 1999/45/EC
( Dangerous Preparations Directive ) will be superseded.
This will change:
- Label layout:
- New hazard symbols ( previously known pictograms in orange will be replaced by new
diamond-shaped labels edged in red with black symbols on white background )
- Amended Risk Statements (Hazard Statements) and Safety Statements (Precautionary
- New: signal words „Danger“ and „Warning“
- Safety Data Sheet ( old and new classification/labelling will be maintained at the same time
until 01.06.2015 upon application of the GHS System )
- Classification Criteria (potentially modified classification of some substances and mixtures)
This will not change:
Quality and Hazard Potentialof the CHEMET products!!!
The GHS-regulation came into force on 20.01.2009 and can be applied ever since.
It determines the following transition periods:
GHS application mandatory as of 01.12.2010
GHS application mandatory as of 01.06.2015
We at CHEMET GmbH being an advanced and future-oriented business, will start implementing the GHS Systems in the coming months already in order to allow you, our customers, a gradual and smooth familiarisation.
If you have questions concerning this subject, we will be happy to advise you anytime!!!
Your partner for soldering matters
( Managing Director )
( Technical Manager )
Download GHS PDF english